Wednesday, July 31, 2013

For where He is, there is hope....

This morning I flipantly asked a homeless man, "How's it going?" 

He humbly whispered, "Mam, it's hard. I beg for money everyday just to eat. The positive side to my life is that it cannot get worse. Honestly, Mam, I'm not complaining. I simply know that by my hardships God gives me joy. God is with me." 

I looked into his deep, hungry eyes and I had no words of my own. For in that moment, he reminded me of a deep truth that is often forgotten.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13

Scripture. It speaks when we cannot.

For where He is, there is hope.
And where there is hope, peace is found.

No comments:

Post a Comment